The Colour Factory is an artists’ studio group of professional artists based in Winchester who work together to produce community and educational projects. It was great to meet together over coffee and cake and review their website and branding. Some elements of the brief included;
- To clearly and cohesively communicate the ethos, passion and identity of The Colour Factory as individual artists and collaboratively.
- Styling needed to be simple but effective in displaying the array of colours, styles, textures and mediums used by each artist.
- Each artist profile was to include a short bio with links to their websites, social media and contact details.
- The homepage needed some nice hero banners to display TCF’s beautiful work, gallery and make the website pop.
- An events calendar was needed to house classes, workshops and other events, all to be easily administrated by TCF.
- To have an smart and easy way of regularly updating gallery photos.
- Simple and intuitive navigation.
- Review and freshen up website copy.
- To include a news/blog section which could be updated by TCF.
- Social media links and google map integration.
- Low maintenance and easy to administrate.
- Responsive web design for mobile, tablet and various screen sizes.
In addition to the above, we looked over and tightened up the branding and logo whilst implementing some low level SEO enhancements to the website. Take a look for yourself here and make sure stop in at the Gallery next time your in Winchester.